Call for Artwork: Berkeley Art Center, 2-Part Artists Annual Exhibition — Part Two, Jan 10 – Feb 8, 2015

by admin on October 25, 2014

Berkeley Art Center’s 2-Part Artists Annual Exhibition

Timeline: Part 1:
Submission:  Thursday-Saturday, October 30– November 1, 11am – 5pm or arrive via mail by that time (with return postage included)
Exhibition Dates: November 8 – December 14, 2014
Opening Reception: Saturday, November 8, 5-8pm
Pick up Dates: Thursday-Saturday, December 18- 20, 11am-5pm

Timeline: Part 2:
Exhibition Dates: January 10 – February 8, 2015
Opening Reception: Saturday, January 10, 5-8pm
Drop off of Selected Works: Thursday-Saturday, December 18- 20, 11am-5pm
Pick up of Selected Works: Thursday- Saturday, February 12-14, 11am-5pm

Berkeley Art Center’s Artists Annual includes work in all media submitted by its members. It is presented salon-style just in time for the holidays in the center’s beautiful gallery space nestled in North Berkeley’s Live Oak Park. Featuring a wide array of perspectives and varied levels of accomplishment, this exhibition celebrates the diversity and vibrancy of our cultural community. This year, members who participate in the Artists Annual part 1 will also have a special opportunity to be considered for a smaller group exhibition in part 2.

Part 1: Specifications and Limitations:

Eligibility:

• All participating artists must be current members ($50/year or above), and membership must remain current through the end of the exhibition (December 14, 2014).

• One work per artist may be submitted for inclusion in Part 1. All qualifying submissions (meeting specifications and limitations) will be presented in an appropriately aesthetic and democratic configuration, salon-style. Not every artist will be chosen to participate Part 2 but only participants in Part 1 will be considered. Juror to be announced soon.

Submission Guidelines:

• Artwork of all media is welcome

• In order to accommodate and appropriately present all the submitted work, this year’s show will be of “small works” with a size limit of 20 inches in any direction.

• 20-inch frames are acceptable with up to 1-inch frame thickness.

• Free-standing sculpture (no pedestal, stands on floor) may be up to 4 feet high and no more than 20 inches in any direction.

• Performance pieces may be submitted in the form of a proposal dropped off or emailed to amanda@berkeleyartcenter.org by drop off dates.

• Works must be ready to hang, dry, and framed where appropriate.

• Artist must provide all necessary equipment with regard to sound and video works.

• No artwork will be accepted without a fully and legibly completed loan form.

• Work must have artist’s name clearly written on back unless the nature of the work makes it impossible to do so.

• Work will only be accepted “in person” (no digital images) and during the stated drop off dates and times. If you are mailing your artwork, it must arrive by this time and include return postage.

• Pick up dates will be noted on the Loan Form. Signing the loan form indicates that the artist has read and is aware of pick up dates and times. Artists must pick up work by these dates or make other arrangements. Due to the high volume of participants, we are unable to contact everyone about picking up work. Unclaimed work may be discarded after 90 days.

• Berkeley Art Center requests a 40% contribution of all sales to benefit the organization, with the remaining 60% going to the artist.

• Artists are encouraged to provide a resume and artist statement for the exhibition binder. These documents may be emailed to amanda@berkeleyartcenter.org by the opening date or dropped off with artwork.

Berkeley Art Center
1275 Walnut St.
Berkeley, CA 94709